Identify tub spout

Users who are viewing this thread

Strauch

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum and would appreciate some help. Has anyone seen a tub spout stem like this? It was part of a Moen bathtub faucet and appears to be on top of an IPS spout.

Thank you,

Joel

20170612_140012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I haven't seen that fitting on the end before. You do have a galvanized nipple coming out of the wall though. That gives you plenty of options for replacement. You should be able to remove the nipple and using a new brass or galvanized, install a new spout.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could just unscrew the threaded insert on the end of the galvanized pipe. The screw another spout onto the threaded galvanized pipe. You need two pipe wrenches to get it off. One wrench on the threaded insert and the other on the galvanized pipe to get it apart.

Strauch

Reaction score
Thank you both. I appreciate the responses. I'll try and see if I can muscle it off with the two pipe wrench technique.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks