I need a new A/C or heat pump with a hyrdronic air handler - OxBox any good? Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Clydesdale6

Reaction score
My a/c condenser quit and I am considering upgrading to a heat pump. It is a 4 ton unit. My hot water boiler guy, who I really like, said he can install an OxBox system. I had never heard of it, but apparently it is made by Trane. I have a Trane unit at another location and have been very pleased with it. Any feedback on OxBox or recommend another brand? Thanks.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Im not familiar with oxbox but looks like builders grade up to 16 seer with a ten year warranty. All heat pumps lose capacity as outside temps drop. Normally hp are tested at 47° and 17° but the factory has info for colder temps. Minimum ac seer 14, hp 15 seer & 8.8 hspf for northern part of the country. Check with your electric company for rebates and a energy audit that includes a blower door test.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks