HVAC Zone System - Transformer hook up

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Rustin, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Rustin

Rustin New Member

I have replaced my Honeywell Zone system. I have a dual transformer setup in the HVAC box. I think there is an issue with the transformer (original) that ran the Zone board so I am replacing it with the Honeywell Transformer. There is a black (common) wire and a 120V (white) wire. The current transformer has b&w wires. W is connected to neutral? and black is connected to PRI on the HVAC Control board. But the transformer (new) says black is common. I am hesitant to connect black to white as usually black is ‘hot’. Or is this correct as black is common then connect black to neutral and white to black. Please help as I am confused?