Humidifier Drain Tube Attachment

Users who are viewing this thread

Dudley

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 7/8" ID flexible vinyl drain tube from a humidifier that I need to attach to the PVC drain pipe that has an ID of 3/4" and OD of 1". How do I do it ? I imagine there should be some sort of barb adapter attachment for the tube to slide on but can't seem to find anything suitable. The tube at the humidifier end slid onto a barbed outlet and was held in place with one of those slotted metal pipe clamps. Thank you

Stuff

Reaction score
First, it doesn't need to be air tight. An air gap can be bennificial.
Are you sure that it is 7/8"? That is garden hose size. Most of the time it is a 1/2" vinyl hose that can be loose and shoved in the end of a pipe.

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 7/8" ID flexible vinyl drain tube from a humidifier that I need to attach to the PVC drain pipe that has an ID of 3/4" and OD of 1". How do I do it ? I imagine there should be some sort of barb adapter attachment for the tube to slide on but can't seem to find anything suitable. The tube at the humidifier end slid onto a barbed outlet and was held in place with one of those slotted metal pipe clamps. Thank you

Just use the search term "PVC air gap" and there are numerous options. By code, you have to have an air gap.

upload_2018-2-18_11-5-8.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks