How to run a new electrical supply to a 3/4 deep well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

LeslieinNorth Pole

Reaction score
Where can I find a basic wiring diagram for a 3/4 gould deep well pump model 2801074916? With only two live lines that feed in and five different colored lines that feed to the pump from the control box, I want to make sure that I don't mess anything up.

We disconnected a mess of wires trying to put in a new power supply as the building the pump was wired into is being moved and hubby didn't mark all of the wires.

I tried to use the diagram in the pressure switch box to wire L1 and L2 hot off of a double pole 30 amp service, thinking the M wires feed the power to the control box that the pump is wired into. I opened the control box and found the M wires are now wired into the L1 and L2 of the control box and I didn't mess with anything else as the pump had been working previous to us messing with the wires. I need to know if there is a specific order that the M wires are suppose to connect as L1 and L2 in the control box.

As the pressure in the line never dropped below 40, even when I opened a spicket on site, I figure it wasn't calling for the pump and that there must be a check valve that is keeping the pressure in the line. This pump feeds a house that is more than 150 feet away and uphill and has a secondary pump and pressure tank to deal with the head loss. Husband tried to close the contact lever on the pressure box and it made a popping noise, did we mess it up?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Here is a link to a wiring diagram.

http://www.franklin-electric.com/business/WaterSystems/service/AIM/page-52.aspx

You should only have 4 wires going down hole, red, black, yellow, and a ground. Then you should have 3 wires from the pressure switch to the control box, L1, L2. and a ground. It doesn’t matter if you switch L1 and L2.

There should not be a check valve that would keep you from draining the tank lower than 40 PSI. But if the hill is 90' high, your pressure may not get low enough for the pressure switch to close. Might have to raise the setting of the pressure switch by tightning on the large adjustment screw.

LeslieinNorth Pole

Reaction score
Thank you.

Thank you for the help and the quick answer.

I mistyped, it was 4 wires coming from the pump.

I made sure the grounds were all hooked up, checked the wiring to make sure every connection was clean and tight. I did find some corrosion in the pressure switch that was causing it to stick on one side, realized the pressure gauge was stuck reading 42psi, and then retraced my temporary power line, finding a pretty nasty nick in the line. Once I fixed that, the pump was running like a champ.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks