How to replace FEBCO 765 test cocks

Users who are viewing this thread

mitvel

Reaction score
Hi,
Both test cocks on my Febco 765 1 in. PVB Backflow Preventer broke (just some thread left) and I need to replace it. I found the replacements in our local store but I cant find any recommendations how to install it. Do I need to tighten it hard with tool or just by hand, do I need to use the tape (looks like the original did not use any)?

Another question is : I am not sure for how long it was broken but ports was fully opened since that (not like 45 degree as recommended). Do I need to do any clean up inside of preventer.
Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I assume you looked at the FEBCO web site. There is both the install and maintenance manual. When it's a brass to brass connection tape is is usually not needed or required. To tighten just use a small wrench and stop when you feel it snug up. Turn on the water and check for leaks. If none, leave it. A little drip tighten it up a little more. Just use common sense on how tight to make it. Brass is soft.

After the test cocks are reinstalled, do a test as instructed from the manual. If it all works then you're OK.

http://www.febcoonline.com/Products/765

mitvel

Reaction score
Thank you.

I installed it and, looks like, it does not leak and the preventer is activated. Now I need to test it.
Any recommendations where to find the test kit from the manual. Everything that I see online is too professional and expensive.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks