How to loosen/tighten nut and bolt on main house water pressure valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Owenb_

Reaction score
I want to slightly increase the water pressure to my entire house. The valve is outside at the bottom of a large plastics pipe and I am having a hard time getting a wrench in there at the right angle, plus I can't see anything when my arm is inside the pipe. Is there a special tool used for this? I was thinking maybe a crows foot attachment on an extender but I can't find any info on what size to use. The valve is a "Cash Acme Type EB-45 ( could be an F instead of an E..hard to read ). Pictures are in my Microsoft OneDrive below.

Thanks!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtNBbKKMgLQ7gtBp0Ne8kLKD75QSIw?e=igpWgK

prv-cash-acme.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
https://www.cashacme.com/product/eb45-sharkbite/
23808-0045-3.jpg

I don't see the hex size for the jam nut or adjusting screw.

A digital caliper or a small adjustable wrench can be useful.

If you have a socket U-joint, you could turn the screw CCW.
husky-socket-adapters-h4duniv-64_145.jpg

That may be enough to loosen the jam nut, and let you turn that by hand. Or even if you don't turn it, you could use that to identify the size of the head on the adjustment screw. The jam nut looks like the same size, but that is not for sure. I would try 1/2 or 7/16 first. 7/16 is popular in some designs, because it can also be turned with an 11mm wrench.

You could probably get the wrench size from their Customer Service M-F, 8am-5pm at (877) 700-4242

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
come on you gotta be able to figure out the size of an ordinary hex nut? do you have a pressure gage ? if not I wouldnt mess with it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks