How to Dry Vent a Shower Drain without horizontal vent run

Users who are viewing this thread

slonermike

Reaction score
Hello! Long time listener, first time caller.

I am doing a bathroom remodel. This is my first time plumbing drains DIY, but venting has me a little stuck....(brain clogged?)

Constraints
1. The stack and WC line are 4"
2. All other lines are 2"
3. The right is an existing tub drain.
4. The left is an existing dry vented lav, which I would like to make a double lav.
5. The top is a new line for a shower, which I'd also like to double.

My Options
Pic 1: Dry vent the shower line. Attic access is easy, so I don't mind the labor, but the code logistics are dizzying.
Pic 2: Redirect the lav drain to wet vent the shower. I don't think this gives me enough "dfu" capacity to double the lav and shower drain.

My Question
Is my dry vent setup here (pic 1, the san tee stacked on the 90) the only way, or is there a way I could do it that would require less vertical space? (for example, photo 3, with the horizontal run to the dry vent, which I'm pretty sure doesn't pass code)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 9.21.54 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 9.21.54 PM.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 9.22.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 9.22.22 PM.png
    511.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 9.21.13 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 9.21.13 PM.png
    409.9 KB · Views: 85
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks