How to correctly hook up fan only mode???

Users who are viewing this thread

Bl8457

Reaction score
I have an ultra 3 80 furnace by Armstrong air conditioning Its from 1992 it was originally wired where the fan will only kick on when the heat kicks on I would like to make it run when I turn the thermo fan switch to (on) so I replaced the two wire cord with a 5 wire
On the thermostat I have (o/b),(y),(r),(g),an (w) now on the furnace blower board I have G,W,C,Y and R
I have connected w and r because those are for the furnace to kick on and then I connected G this is supposed to be for the fan to kick on or off . When I turn the thermo fan setting to on a relay buzzes on the board and the blower acts like it doesn't have enough power to turn completely on I'm not sure what else to do or check any ideas?!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks