How much water in brine tank

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by rman, Feb 3, 2020.

1. rman

rman Master mechanic

I have a water softener with external brine tank
    At installation four years ago it had about 8 inches of water in the bottom after a flush cycle
    Now the brine tank is half full
    Tried to move the float up or down didn’t move. Do I need to drain and empty the tank to remove/clean the float ?

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Most likely, you need to clean your softener injector area, or make other repair.

During the brine draw cycle, the brine should all be sucked out in roughly 15 minutes. I suspect yours is not.

Your manual should have a troubleshooting section with a sub-section called something like "Softener fails to draw brine. " Those are the things to check, and cleaning the injector and injector screen are on the list.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    Picture of the system? How old?