how much have water heater prices risen since 2019?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pman6

Reaction score
plumbers.... apples to apples, how much have water heater prices risen since 2019?

I'm wondering if prices might come down, or if they will just keep them elevated

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
35 years ago, a 30 or 40gal cost us $100. before tax. Can't look back. We raise rates in the face of inflation and that is the eternal story.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Quickly looking up a project from 2018.. Rheem 50gal electrics I was buying for close to $400. Looks like we're paying $550 now.

Pman6

Reaction score
so about 37% increase in 4 years.

seems like manufacturers have no incentive to lower prices

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Here is part of it. Water heaters of tank type are mostly made from steel.

What are 232 tariffs on steel?
On March 8, 2018, President Trump exercised his authority under Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962 to impose a 25 percent tariff on steel imports, with exemptions for Canada and Mexico, to protect our national security.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks