How fix delayed fill with Korky 528MP fill valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Studly

Reaction score
I have the Korky 528MP fill valve that is often recommended on this forum. Installed it a couple years ago, but it is now having a problem where after flushing, there's a delay before it turns the water on. The delay used to be maybe 20 seconds and it's getting worse and now takes a few minutes, but works fine once it finally turns on.

I took apart the top of the valve, cleaned the strainer, inspected the rubber diaphragm under the cap, and nothing looks worn or dirty. We're on city water and have a water softener, so we don't have much of a problem with water corroding things in our house.

Anyone have ideas on what else to check or how to fix it, or do I just need a new valve?

Studly

Reaction score
An update: I fixed the problem after making the post above. I saw an earlier post in this forum where someone said when there is a delay with the valve turning on, that you should check the hole at the bottom of the black square float housing and make sure it isn't clogged. Sure enough, I checked the inside of that float housing and there were little bits of disintegrated rubber pieces from the hose that were clogging that hole. I removed what I could and rinsed out the inside of the housing to wash all the rubber debris out, and that fixed it!

korky-r528.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks