Hissing toilet when flushed

Users who are viewing this thread

Anon125

Reaction score
No we have not found a snake but lots of dust like we have never seen before, even on the wall behind the tank!!

and on top that water thing where the water comes in.

will a thorough clean help?

the other tanks is clean as a whistle!

toilets are used frequently so it is not lack of use.

thanks all

PS i hope they dont put asbestos or something nasty in toilets. that fluff looks very weird.

Attachments

• LOO1.jpg
    LOO1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 117
  • LOO2.jpg
    LOO2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 120
  • LOO3.jpg
    LOO3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It's all hard water deposits. The looks of it replace all the parts. To stop the hissing you may only need to change the Fill Valve Seal. Plenty of video's how the replace one. Also the float needs to be adjust so the water level in the tank is about 1/2" below the overflow tube or look for a water line mark inside the tank.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluidma...Valve-Seal-for-400A-Fill-Valves-242/100580550

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
clean it up and service the fill valve as suggested . pretty easy can be slight challenge for inexperienced, just study up a bit. I think Id go for it and replace entire assembly plus a new supply line to the angle stop. not unusual to require a new angle stop as well. sometimes its a good idea to turn entire house off if you don't want to mess with replacing anglestop

shutoff_corragated_replace.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks