Hissing toilet when flushed

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by anon125, Jun 21, 2021.

1. anon125

anon125 Member

No we have not found a snake but lots of dust like we have never seen before, even on the wall behind the tank!!

and on top that water thing where the water comes in.

will a thorough clean help?

the other tanks is clean as a whistle!

toilets are used frequently so it is not lack of use.

thanks all

PS i hope they dont put asbestos or something nasty in toilets. that fluff looks very weird.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    It's all hard water deposits. The looks of it replace all the parts. To stop the hissing you may only need to change the Fill Valve Seal. Plenty of video's how the replace one. Also the float needs to be adjust so the water level in the tank is about 1/2" below the overflow tube or look for a water line mark inside the tank.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluidma...Valve-Seal-for-400A-Fill-Valves-242/100580550

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

clean it up and service the fill valve as suggested . pretty easy can be slight challenge for inexperienced, just study up a bit. I think Id go for it and replace entire assembly plus a new supply line to the angle stop. not unusual to require a new angle stop as well. sometimes its a good idea to turn entire house off if you don't want to mess with replacing anglestop

[​IMG]

5. anon125

anon125 Member

dust bunnies in a toilet tank!

thanks everyone

what is a anglestop