Help with pressure reduction valve connection

Users who are viewing this thread

XianKuma

Reaction score
I am attempting to replace a pressure reduction valve where the water comes into the house from the city. Water pressure at the spigot was measured at 140 psi. I bought a replacement valve of the same size but different brand. When I went to replace it I ran into a big problem. The connections were not the same on the incoming end. The old one is a Zurn NR3-XL 3/4 inch. The new is a 3/4 in watts. I have attached pictures of the problem connection. It will not seal with the Union nut from the zurn, but with the fitting, I can’t use the Union nut from the watts.

upload_2021-7-7_4-28-12.jpeg
upload_2021-7-7_4-29-0.jpeg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Amazon, at times, can deliver same day if ordered early in the day. For my location I can have the Zurn unit delivered today. Another is look up " plumbing suppliers" for your area, a supplier should have rebuilt kits, if not a new exact replacement PRV.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Normally I try to replace in kind as sometimes the union nut does not match with other brands

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks