help with our new house plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

AKantler

Reaction score
I dont even know where to start but I have a few issues. I'll start with some background on the house. Its a timber frame three stories tall with the kitchen on top, a bathroom directly below and below that on the ground floor is another bathroom. I have an area about 16"x16" to run all of my plumbing for the house in one corner. I've started with a 4" stack from where the septic enters the crawl space and have gone straight up connecting the fixtures as I go. I have also run a separate 2" line to vent all of the fixtures. One of my questions is what to do with the 2" and 4" once I reach the last fixture (the kitchen sink) I'm not really clear on how to bring all of this together and vented out the roof properly. I have some major timbers in the way to get out the roof and would like to go outside and up the sice of the house then through the roof overhang, Is this possible? I am also having trouble venting my second floor toilet due to space as you can see from the photos, any ideas? I framed the toilet on a rise because I have a 5"x12" floor joist directly below. Any other obvious problems in the photos that you can see would be nice to hear about. We are dry fitting everything first to make sure it will pass inspection. I have more pictures of the home at
http://www.alaskaantlerworks.com/Photos.AlaskaTimberFrameTower.htm
that might show some of my issues with the frame better. Thanks for any help. Aaron and Jill

www.alaskaantlerworks.com

IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks