Help Picking a water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

jakeb16

Reaction score
Hello all, I am trying to figure out which water softener to get and could use some help.

I contacted 2 local companies both got great reviews but I am wondering if I should just buy something at Home Depot or Sears instead. They both claim that there softeners are made locally.

I have a 1300 Square foot house with 2 adults and a kid. We live in Phoenix, Arizona (tempe) where the water is very hard

Which would you choose? Would you get any more specs? Or ask any other questions?

The fist company is Clear Water Concepts: http://clearwaterarizona.com/products/water-softeners/

and they quoted me this

Olympus Water Softener System:

* Clack 1" fully ported electronic on-demand control valve. (6 cycle - fully programmable).

* 48,000 grains commercial grade high cross-link resin. (greater chlorine oxidation resistance).

* Ecoflow technology (uses 30% less water during backwash, provides greater lift to resin bed, eliminates water channeling, provides cleaner resin).

* Soft water regeneration (cleaner, more efficient resin bed).

* Non-Volatile memory (set-n-forget).

* Dry brining (eliminates salt bridges, caking).

* NSF44/WQA validated components.

* Made in USA.

* 10 year part warranty and 5 year labor.

Equipment: 1039.00

Installation: 200.00 (to existing loop).

The Second is America Home Water and Air has 2 options The President or the Patriot

With a lot less tech specs

http://americanhomewater.com

The President 48000 GR

· Cation Resin – Softens and Filters whole house water

· Microprocessor Controlled Demand Regeneration

· State of the art true full 1″ Up-flow Brining Control System

· Microprocessor Controlled Brining Feature

· Dry Brine Storage Option

· 10 year parts and labor warranty

· $920

· $190 install

uses the clack high flow valve. It has the best resin available for any water softener on the market. This valve has many years of reliable service and is the most serviceable valve we have found. This is our top of the line unit. The PRESIDENT is manufactured in Arizona and designed to last 20 to 30 years in Arizona's harsh water environment.

The Patriot 48000 GR

· two piece design for maximum durability

· Demand initiated regeneration saves up to 50% on salt or potassium

· Various sized brine tanks available to fit in tight spots when needed

· One piece corrosion resistant valve body; ¾" - 1 - 1 ¼" inlet available

· 5 year parts and labor warranty

· $1,290

· $190 install

This is as good a water system as you can buy as it is designed with all the highest quality components we have found all of which make this unit maintenance free. The system uses the Fleck 5600 Economider head The PATRIOT uses the highest quality resin available, plus all the components used in this water softener have many years of proven reliability.

We have designed this system to have a life expectancy of 25 to 30 years.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I don't want to say which one I prefer but... talk to them both, see if you can get a feel for which one you trust more.

Justingordon

Reaction score
I don't want to say which one I prefer but... talk to them both, see if you can get a feel for which one you trust more.
Hey ditttoohead I am wondering which on of the water softener you would have chose out of the 3 that were posted about

Justingordon

Reaction score
Jakeb16 which water softener did you end up picking out of the 3 you found, I am having the same thoughts you did

Bannerman

Reaction score
Justingordon, if you click on Jakeb16's name, you will notice he was last seen on this forum on May 4 so it is unlikely you will be receiving a reply from him.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks