Help installing chlorine system

Users who are viewing this thread

Jakefinley007

Reaction score
Hello I am trying to install a chlorine injection system and I’ve been told many different ways on how to install it. And I am looking for the correct way. I have a 120 gallon retention tank a X030-XC-AAAAXXX pump a carbon filter and water softener. Should I install the chlorine pump before or after pressure tank? and do I have to worry about having the line higher then the pump to avoid siphoning? Then after the retention tank carbon filter and then softener?

The guy I got the system from said he did 14 gallons of water and 1 gallon of chlorine does that seem right. He also did quite remember how he had the system set up but he believed he had the carbon tank softener then the chlorine. And that didn’t seem right to me he also had everything plumbed up with pvc is it alright if I use pex?

Reach4

Reaction score
What you do is determined by whether the pump pumps at a set rate. If that, injector goes before the pressure tank. Why? Flow rate into the pressure tank is fairly fixed, and after the pressure tank, flow is highly variable.

If you have a proportional tank, and a sensor that controls the pump rate, then injector goes after the pressure tank, and before the retention tank. If you have a carbon tank to remove residual chlorine, that would go before the softener.

I expect PEX is fine.

You would not inject chlorine after the softener, so I suspect you misunderstood.

Jakefinley007

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply reach and yes it didn’t make sense why he would have it set up that way I would use the carbon to remove residual I am going to have the injector tied into the pressure tank wiring so when the pressure tank calls for water the outlet will power up for the injector

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks