Harmsco

Users who are viewing this thread

patrick2

Reaction score
Bob NH, does Harmsco make consumer (ie under the counter) water systems? I looked at their site. Looks like large systems only.

I have typical city water - odor and taste problems. I also have galvanized pipes.

Thanks

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
patrick2 said:
Bob NH, does Harmsco make consumer (ie under the counter) water systems? I looked at their site. Looks like large systems only.

I have typical city water - odor and taste problems. I also have galvanized pipes.

Thanks

City water is presumed safe so doesn't need a filter in that sense.

Odor and taste can usually be taken care of with an activated carbon filter. The levels are generally low so the filters last quite a while, if you start with a large enough unit.

Carbon filters are usually preceded by a 5 micron dirt filter so the carbon filter won't get plugged up before the carbon is depleted. Sometimes the dirt filter is made part of the carbon filter unit.

If you are using it only for taste, you could put a 10" cartridge under the sink. If you want a larger filter that you can put somewhere to treat all of your water, you can do that also.

Harmsco makes cartridge filters and housings. You can put your own system together.

When you decide what you want, I can suggest a filter.

patrick2

Reaction score
I'm very thankful for your help.

The taste and odor bother the whole family.​
The galvanized pipes are 30 years old. I'm not seeing rust stains yet, but I know it's coming.​
From prior experience, I know galvanized pipes sluff lime or calcium. In my opinion, the water is hard. Galvanized pipes in this area tend to loose flow as time goes on.​
I don't plan to do the whole house, just the drinking water at the sink.​

Also, I've tried other twin cartridge units before, and never knew when to change them - the flow rates never changed much, it was always slow.

Thanks

Last edited:

patrick2

Reaction score
Also, cartridges come in 10 & 20 inch - do the larger sizes let me change less often?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks