H2O2 Injection Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Randyacton

Reaction score
Will be setting up my new water treatment system soon and have a couple questions regarding the use of H2O2. Setting the system up and getting to the proper PPM seems to be fairly straightforward but it is hard to find any detailed information about the use of H2O2.

1) Other than cost and having to dilute, what are the pros and cons of using 35% vs. 7%? I.E. will 35% diluted 11:1 breakdown any faster than 7% diluted 2:1

2) How long does it take H2O2 to breakdown when sitting idle in the solution tank?

The reason I ask #2 is that according to my calculations (which are often wrong) I will only use about 1 cup of 3% solution/day. Which means that if I fill my 15 gal tank I have about 240 days in reserve.

Pump rated for 12gpm = 17,280gpd. Running all my numbers through the Stenner calculator it tells me I need to use about 4gpd.

So 17,280/70= 247 This would be my approx. usage of water per day (247 gallons). So by logic 4gpd/70=.057=.96cups. Round the .96 to 1 and that is my daily usage.

Something just doesn't seem right and if it is will the solution last 240 days?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Reach4

Reaction score
1) Other than cost and having to dilute, what are the pros and cons of using 35% vs. 7%? I.E. will 35% diluted 11:1 breakdown any faster than 7% diluted 2:1
Pro, easier to carry?

Your concentration calculations are not quite the same, but I would presume if you get the dilutions right, they will work the same.

2) How long does it take H2O2 to breakdown when sitting idle in the solution tank?
I don't know that one.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
use a buffered h202 at 7%. 35% is not very stable. The solution tank should be set to be used up approximately every 30 days.

I can send you the math on Monday or a link to a online calculator that I use when I am not feeling like doing the math...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks