gurgling toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

ron826

Reaction score
My shower was draining a little slow so I put the zep drain cleaner enzymes down the drain for 3 days in a row then flushed with a garden hose, drains perfect, but while I was doing that I heard a gurgling from the toilet...there was water bubbles coming up to the toilet bowl!!! I heard this gurgling before but never actually saw the water bubbles....the shower is upstream from the toilet....is this an indication of a venting problem? This is in a smaller house that sits behind a larger house, at some point I noticed when they plumbed the smaller house they didn't put enough slope on the main drain and there's standing water there ...is this related or a seperate problem and is there any fix it without digging up the yard and under the house??

thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I suspect you have a clogged drain. Chemicals are not a good option to clean drains, and I think what has happened is that you were able to clear the shower drain, but the crud has collected deeper in the drain and it is now backing up into the toilet. You need to call a professional plumber who has the right size auger and the experience to properly clear the drain. Don't dump more chemicals into it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks