Generic Resin Tank with a Culligan Control Head

Users who are viewing this thread

BrettC

Reaction score
I have a Culligan Gold Series Water Softener system. My resin tank (9x48) was leaking and I bought a generic replacement.

Of course, the resin tank adapter/coupler (which sits between the tank and the control head) has a different thread size (propriety to Culligan) than the generic tank thread. Both the tank and adapter are 2.5", just different threads.
Note: the adapter screws into tank. The control head slides (no threads) into the adapter and is attached using a flange clamp.

Does anyone make an adapter that allows a generic tank with standard pipe threads to fit a culligan control head? If not, any other solutions out there besides getting a new control head?

I have seen an adapter that allows culligan resin tanks to be used with Fleck control heads, but not the opposite- generic tanks with a culligan control head.

Thank you.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Never seen one. Definitely time to get a new control head. You may want to return the tank as the 9x48 is fairly small for most applications. A system that is 50% larger usually only adds a a hundred bucks or so to the cost.