GE GXSF30V Water continuously running through drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Stampinmommy

Reaction score
Please help... Where do I go next.

Woke up to water in my garage from my water softener overflow drain. The brine tank was full of water and I could hear the water was running through the inlet pipe. Checked the drain in my laundry room to find that the water was going directly to the drain. I put the softener in bypass mode and cleaned the brine tank to remove any salt clogs and water. Then checked and cleaned the nozzle and venturi. I also checked and cleaned the brine valve assembly and brine line.

Next, I put it back in service and manually advanced it through a recharge. The water level in the brine tank stays the same and the inlet water continues to drain at the same rate throughout the recharge stages. At the same time the motor runs and the cam & gear advance through the stages.

Advice on what to do next? What could be going wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Reach4

Reaction score
Did you power-cycle the unit? If not, do that.

Otherwise, you might consider replacing the unit if it is not under warranty.

Stampinmommy

Reaction score
Did you power-cycle the unit? If not, do that.

Otherwise, you might consider replacing the unit if it is not under warranty.

Thank you for the advice. I had the unit unplugged for 12+ hours and reset it to factory settings. The unit is only a few years old, and I can't afford to replace it. I am pretty handy and looking for alternative solutions to replacing the unit.

Reach4

Reaction score
grays-ge-water-softener-systems-gxsf30v-e1_145.jpg
This is what that unit looks like, for those following along.

Did you find a service manual?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks