Gasket recommendation for Glenwall toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Elcote

Reaction score
I have a question about the gasket that is required for an AS Glenwall toilet. I have a pair of these that replaced some odd colored Case toilets in our bathrooms. I am having a problem with one of them leaking at the back of the toilet outlet. I had these installed for me a little over a year ago, and have been pretty happy with them so far. I am changing the flooring in the one bathroom and noticed the drywall around the toilet is damp, after removing the toilet I found the installer used a wax ring instead of the recommended felt or rubber one. He actually used two wax rings apparently knowing it was not going to seal properly. My local plumbing store does not seem to know what ring is the correct size and could only find a smaller size used for a urinal in their books. I have found some sponge rubber gaskets online that seem to be correct but I am unsure of the thickness needed. I believe the size I need is 5-3/8"od x 3-1/2"id, it is available in a ¾” thickness or 1”. Is one thickness recommended over the other? I have also read in some of the other wall mount installation threads on this site that glue for the seal is also a good idea. Does the glue generally come with the seal, if not is there a specific kind I should get?

Thank you for any help you can provide. The other threads with the installation tips to properly mount the toilet to the carrier will be very useful when I reinstall this toilet and redo the work on the second one to make sure there are no problems there.

Last edited:

Elcote

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I did look at that thread previously and found the part #'s listed, this lead me to some online stores that offer the gaskets. Unfortunately the thread mentions the full range of thicknesses of gaskets available from Souix Cheif but does not specify which is best suited. The only information I have found online for the Zurn part number mentions a 4" diameter which does not seem correct for the ID or OD when I measure the back of the toilet. Any further clarification on which would be the best option is appreciated.

zurn-neo-seal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks