Garbage Disposal and sink Recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

NWCherokee

Reaction score
Remodeling kitchen and plan to replace existing sink and garbage disposal with new quartz countertop installation. Found a nice Kraus 32" stainless steel sink with offset drain that seems to meet my needs so thought I would see if anyone has any thoughts on that brand or another brand I should research?

As far as disposal goes, I have always owned insinkerator brand for no real good reason, and besides the differences in noise level between the low end Badger and the higher end models, they seemed to all perform fine. Just curious if anyone has some recent experience that they would like to share? Which disposal should I look into if I value quiet performance?

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Insinkerator LT880 is very nice. I don't install the other brands anymore. People complain about them and then blame the plumber for their bad choice. I don't have that problem with Insinkerator.

Pretty much any stainless sink is nice. Are you undermounting?
What height is the drain from the wall? A 10" deep sink should be roughed at 16" above the kitchen floor. Not the 19" that we used to rough them in at.

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
Wife is very fond of the "Blanco" granite sink we installed a few years back; quieter than stainless and a lot harder to scratch. Also comes in colors if you want to co-ordinate with the quartz counters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks