Forgot to shut off valve to sprinklers

Users who are viewing this thread

TommyH83

Reaction score
Hi All,

This fall I removed my sprinkler backflow valve, blew out all the water, but forgot to close the valve in my basement to the sprinkler system. I realized that today. When I reinstalled backflow and turned on the valve I noticed the piece right before the backflow valve cracked/burst. I don't have any leaks inside the house, but I'm concerned I may have caused damage which might eventually turn into a problem. I've attached some pics of the interior valve and the exterior where the crack is. Is there any chance something inside could be damaged?

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 74
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 68
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 68
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 76

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Time for a replacement. Also might want to install a secondary drain port between the valve and the backflow which would be left open in the winter. It would allow for a full drain down and in the event that you forget to fully close the valve, you will see water dripping out of the open port.

Also, get those electrical wires into a Box!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks