Flushing comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

brad_j

Reaction score
I expect my new Toto Drake to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. Before it does I was hoping to get some opinions on a flushing comparison (with what I have now). My current toilet if from the 1980s and is a 3.5 gallon. We've have flushing/clogging issues because of...................how should I put this........... a "diameter issue" :) with my boys. There have been times that the water went straight to the rim --- scaring me 1/2 to death with thoughts of the potential clean up. Any way, all I can figure is that the waste got stuck in the neck portion of the toilet itself before going into the sewer.

My question is will this be a problem with the Drake or will this problem be eliminated because of its design. Thanks for any insight.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You will more than likely be pleasantly surprised.
Most Toto Drake owners retire their plunger...:cool:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Although nothing can help bad plumbing. If a wrong fitting was used for the drainage of your toilet it will always be an issue until the fitting is replaced.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Drake is better than most, but if this doesn't solve your problem, the Caroma may. In general, my feeling is the Drake is a better toilet, but the Caroma is designed with a larger trapway and can solve the problem of particularly large stools better.

With today's low-flow toilets, overflowing the bowl is unlikely to happen unless you flush again while the level is high. A bit more roughage might help...seriously, my doctor prescribed a glass of Metamucil daily, and it works wonders. No need to take huge amounts, just a little bit does a lot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks