Fluidmaster 8100 Self-Cleaning System on Toto Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

Ken_C

Reaction score
I've recently installed a Toto Drake 1.28/0.8 dual flush (bowl: CT746CUFG.10#01; tank: ST746EMA#01). Since we have hard water, I'd like to use something to try to reduce hard water deposits. I noticed that the tube from the fill valve to the overflow tube is actually positioned so that it drips into the tank itself rather than the overflow tube, which I suppose makes sense since it is a washdown flush and there would be no need to refill the bowl.

Would it work to install the Fluidmaster Cleaning System and position the clip so that it drips down the overflow tube instead of into the tank?

Also, would something like the Scrubbing Bubble Drop-In (no bleach) be just as good as the Fluidmaster?

Reach4

Reaction score
Can we interest you in a softener?

I know somebody who uses slow release pool chlorine tablets in the tank like that, although he knows he is not supposed to. He figures he can replace the parts pretty easily.

The Fluidmaster Flush n Sparkle, and Kaboom Scrub Free bleach cleaners are good, because they go in series with the bowl-refill tube and dump the chemical down the overflow to the bowl. The Kaboom can be reloaded, not only from the product they sell, with a slow-dissolve swimming pool or spa chlorine or bromine product. They put no chemical into the tank water.

The downside is that they pass the refill water through the gadget and more tubing. So it is possible that they could reduce the refill. If you used a refill with an adjustable refill rate, you may be able to compensate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks