Florida/General Pluming Code for Kitchen Sink Piping

Users who are viewing this thread

ms222

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am in the process of doing a kitchen renovation, and I would like to re-locate my sink probably about 15-30 inches over. Currently the sink pipes are in the original plaster/cement and contractors are telling me it would cost significant amount of money for them to jack up the cement move the pipes and patch it all up.

My question is, why can't they short the pipe and put an extension pipe across to the area that I would like the sink to be moved to for hookup. I would cut a hole on the side of my base cabinet to allow the pipe to run through that. I am told by a contractor that is against code (but I want to make sure, as he might just say it to make more money off of me).

sink piping.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks