Fleck 5800 SXT Softener and Fleck 2510 SXT Iron Filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Muddy

Reaction score
I am looking into replacing an 20+ year old water softener system.

I live in WA state. I have a primary residence with an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) or mother in law house on the property.

The system needs to support 3 1/2 baths with 8 people combined living in the two units. I need 6.5 GPM in house flow.

I am on a residential well (100' deep) which has a Sta-Rite, 2 HP, L30 P4 GT-02 pump that pushes 30 + GPM.

The water numbers are as follows; Ph 6.9, Iron 1.8, Manganese 0, TDS 86, Hardness 3.0, Odor Non-detected.

The well is located approximately 70' from the filtration system (which is in the garage of the ADU) and the primary residence is approximately 100' beyond the ADU.

I am told that the aforementioned Fleck equipment and components in a 2 cube version will work for my application.

Also, are these components serviceable by the consumer (can you (homeowner) readily purchase replacement parts) or are the Fleck components proprietary ?

Muddy

Reach4

Reaction score
Fleck parts and documentation for those are readily available I am pretty sure. http://waterpurification.pentair.com/en-US/product/fleck/2510/

You might check that 2510 for the DLFC number, and measure the tank diameter and height.

Your pump is probably oversized.

You should get a lab water test of your raw water, if you have not done so, but since you have numbers, you have probably done so. Since you will be putting time and money into this, a new test might be worthwhile.

I don't know that you need to treat the 6.9 pH. I don't think you really need a softener, tho it might be nice. Iron is the big thing. Search the forum for Katalox Light for discussions that you will find interesting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks