Fleck 5600SXT 48K softener settings

Users who are viewing this thread

steppinthrax

Reaction score
You have not confirmed if the installed BLFC is actually 0.5 gpm. As there are various flow restrictors which could be used, verifying which restrictor is installed is critical.

How long have you been using the softener since the last regeneration?

If the prior setting was higher than 30K and programmed to use more salt than 9 lbs, after you reset to the new 30 'C' setting and 9 lb salt dose, you could then initiate a manual regeneration cycle which will reset the used capacity so gallons displayed should be appropriate for the new 30K capacity setting. At the end of the manual regen, 3 gallons water will enter into the brine tank to dissolve 9 lbs salt for the following regeneration cycle likely to occur 1 week later.

Thanks

There is a white sticker on the injextoin housing .it says

Injector 1
Drain flow 2.4 gpm .

There is a sticker on the front kinda hidden

.50 GPM
1.5 LB salt per minute

Then there is a white sticker on the top rear in handwriting

S6SXT-MR.480

Not sure if this helps

Last edited:

steppinthrax

Reaction score
This is the BLFC information.

Assuming the restrictor installed matches the label, then the prior BF settings specified, should be correct.

Yeah, it's a brand new unit. I'm assuming it's correct. I guess I could remove the brass fitting to check. I notice some change this to .25 etc. What's the advantage/disadvantage?

steppinthrax

Reaction score
Okay these are my current (new) settings as of last night.

DF: GAL
VT: dF1b
CT: FD
NT: 1
C: 30 (x1000)
H: 11
RS: rc
RC: 0 (Or I guess SF would be 0 if I picked SF within RS).
DO: 28
RT: 2:00
BW: 10
BD: 60
RR: 12
BF: 6
FM: t0.7

I think the only outstanding questions I have is RS/RC (I imagine they have to do with reserve capacity). What do you guys usually set this up as. As I understand the RC settings simply subtract from the current water you have left. So in other words it will force a regeneration sooner as to prevent you from running out of hot water in the middle of the day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks