First Post: Grohe Gloucester Cartridge Replacement

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Shinbanger, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Shinbanger

Shinbanger New Member

We are attempting to do simple cartridge replacements on several Grohe Gloucester spread bath faucets (circa 2006, picture attached), which are mounted on a granite counter-top. I have spoken with Grohe customer service reps who have confirmed that the escutcheons should be removed by rotating them counter-clockwise, after shutting off the water supply to the faucet. I'm certain the handles have to be removed first, but there doesn't seem to be any way to take them off. No visible end caps or set screws to contend with. Is there something we are missing? I don't have the schematic for the faucet and Grohe's website isn't any help at all. I don't want to apply greater rotational force to these decorative faucet parts until I understand exactly how it is supposed to work. Any Grohe savants out there? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Attached Files:

2. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

Is there any chance that the faucet Isn't a Grohe? The base of the spout looks like another brand.. but I can't quite recall exactly which.

However, without any visible set screw or cap / cover.. It would seem likely that the handle and escutcheon would be one assembly.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Plumbs

Plumbs In the Trades

The handle is part of the escutcheon. When you unthread it the whole thing will lift straight up. The screw to remove the handle is usually on the inside of those.