Finding lost end of irrigation line with compressed air

Users who are viewing this thread

David Brock

Reaction score
Quick question I think. we had several trees up ended a few years ago and the root balls/stump grinder severed the sprinkler line. Large section was left laying on the ground and was cut away as it was a tripping hazard. Well now when I have the time to fix it I don't know where the other end underground would be.. It would be the end not connected to the water supply.

Thinking of digging one of the heads up, removing it and adding an air fitting. I would then have family members hold the other heads down on this zone and pressurize the system until air blows out of the severed line underground. Any thoughts?

MKS

Reaction score
My brother and I used an electrical fish tape. Ran it in the line until it stopped and repeatedly jammed it back and fort while putting an ear to the ground. We dug where it was loudest then pulled the tape out marked for length to find the end on the surface. Worked well.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
If the fish tape doesn’t work it’d be easier to fit a sprinkler head with a garden hose connection and run water. Your compressed air is also a good idea but either way you’ll also find where the other sprinkler heads are if you’re not sure where they are.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks