Filling in a Roman Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Leverhead

Reaction score
Hello all. I Have a 4' wide tiled roman tub below grade that I plan to remove. it is about 8-9" deep and the curb (which is above grade) is about the same. I already have a nice size walk in shower and a tub in another bath so I don't plan on using it or creating another shower where the roman tub is.

All I'm planning on doing is filling it in and using the space for something else. What would be the best way to fill it? I was planning on removing the curb and pouring a 4" slab, even with the existing floor. I can cap off the valve and spout behind the wall but i'm not sure what to do yet with drain which is below grade. I was also thinking it may be a good idea to keep the plumbing intact as much as possible so I don't want to pour concrete down into the drain. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks