Faucet Brands

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
A scary thing with big box is finding that the parts have been robbed after you are on the job and need to install it.

The last big box faucet I installed, someone had swapped the new pressure balancer with an old leaking one. Kohler now dates the brass body and the cartridge, and if the dates don't match, it's been swapped.

If you don't mind extra trips, then it's not so bad. Finding the new part, making a trip for the part, and then a trip to install it, and then time to add it to the customers bill for the "replacement" part, it all takes time.

That doesn't happen with stuff I get from a plumbing supply. Those parts are behind a counter where they are safe from prying fingers.
Wow, that would suck big time. Even for a homeowner that would be a big waste of time and fuel. So far I've been lucky, and anything I returned defective or unused, was truly so and made the return clerk aware of its condition. I guess there are enough jerks out there though. I alway try to find a box or package that was not yet opened anyway.

CherylS

Reaction score
What about Kingston Brass co.? Have found a few faucets that I like the looks of, they aren't expensive and info says they are "solid brass construction" with 1/4 turn ceramic disk cartridge....

Anybody? and yes.... I am still looking...

Cheryl

CherylS

Reaction score
What about Kingston Brass co.? Have found a few faucets that I like the looks of, they aren't expensive and info says they are "solid brass construction" with 1/4 turn ceramic disk cartridge....

Anybody? and yes.... I am still looking...

Cheryl

MTcummins

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm a Price Pfister guy, for what it's worth (I'm not a plumber but a general contractor, so its prolly worth a little less than some of these other opinions). I think that at their price point, they're very good. I don't think they're the best you can buy, but that comes at a price.

I also like Delta in general. Not a fan of Kohler, kind of neutral about Moen. Never used Grohe or Danze, though I've been tempted a few times to try one out. I'd avoid the kingston brass, as mentioned above, as how will you get parts? You want those to be readily available locally... though its nice that some brands (such as Moen) will send free parts, do you really want to be w/o a faucet for a week while you wait for them?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks