Eternal is Dead, any lawsuits against them at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

BMac

Reaction score
Had a Eternal HGU145 installed in late 2012 and last week it leaked from several places at once, including a valve that was supposedly recalled.
Does anyone know of any lawsuits against Eternal or Grand Hall, which is I guess there parent company?
I called all over my local area including the plumber who installed the Eternal originally and it was funny the answers I got; most acted like it had never existed at all including the plumber who installed it. Some said it was great until they started having all sorts of issues.
From what I understand there were close to a million commercial and residential tankless units installed, and ten they just up and leave and no one gets parts or anything?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
The plumber who installed it ought to at least offer you another brand at a steep
discount if he were a stand up kind of company anyway...

Soooo basically you are screwed, they moved to Canada and are under a new name...
The product is junk, but it looked real promising at first.... Now everyone who
bought one of them is just waiting for their units to finally fail...
some might last a long time and others like yours only went 3-4 years.....

Their are places that have salvage parts around the country but good luck with that...
and finding someone wanting to work on that junk is not likely .......

I suggest that you just cut your losses, go back to a tank type water heater,
then take your lumps like a man and move on.....

BMac

Reaction score
The plumber who installed it ought to at least offer you another brand at a steep
discount if he were a stand up kind of company anyway...

Soooo basically you are screwed, they moved to Canada and are under a new name...
The product is junk, but it looked real promising at first.... Now everyone who
bought one of them is just waiting for their units to finally fail...
some might last a long time and others like yours only went 3-4 years.....

Their are places that have salvage parts around the country but good luck with that...
and finding someone wanting to work on that junk is not likely .......

I suggest that you just cut your losses, go back to a tank type water heater,
then take your lumps like a man and move on.....

BMac

Reaction score
The plumber it seems, like most I've dealt with couldn't care less after he finished the work. I'm sure they aren't all that way(I hope), but this is more about the company, which is still actually operating in the fine state of Texas, now there selling Barbecues instead. I wonder how many of those are going to blow up in peoples faces before they do something about that either.
Not sure how many Eternal tankless water heaters were sold, probably 1000's, but the company has to take responsibility for this, and If enough people put in complaints about it maybe something will happen. I would hope Texas would want to get that particular company the hell out of there state, we'll see.

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
The plumber it seems, like most I've dealt with couldn't care less after he finished the work. I'm sure they aren't all that way(I hope), but this is more about the company, which is still actually operating in the fine state of Texas, now there selling Barbecues instead. I wonder how many of those are going to blow up in peoples faces before they do something about that either.
Not sure how many Eternal tankless water heaters were sold, probably 1000's, but the company has to take responsibility for this, and If enough people put in complaints about it maybe something will happen. I would hope Texas would want to get that particular company the hell out of there state, we'll see.

well...they filed bankruptcy and moved the operations to canada
and started under a new name....

Lots of bigger companies have done
the same thing over the last 15 years.....ie remember World-com...??
I personally know folks who lost everything investing in that company....

Look at it from the larger picture....if this Eternal loss is the worst screwing you ever take
in your whole life... you are living a blessed life for sure. get over it and move on.
Just take it like a man and move on... there is no lawyer out there trying to get a class action
lawsuit started so its basically over....

I suppose if you want to be like the democrats all upset about Trump, you can drive up to
to Canada and stand outside their new building with a sign an protest
but its not gonna do you any good.

I suggest just going back with a normal tank type heater
and thank the stars that nothing catastrophic happened with that Eternal in your home......

good luck

\

FredNL

Reaction score
Where in Canada? What is the new name?

(I am in Canada, need parts and have no shame...)

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
If your using a plumbing company for replacement use what they suggest and might have parts locally.

Its almost been 9 years or more since they went belly up..
.the only thing you are going to be able to do is get another brand and trash the piece of junk
Very few plumbers used that brand and the ones that did got burned... so they are not keeping that
spare stuff in stock just on the chance someone 9 years later will need it...

just buy a Navien and move on

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks