Egress window well drain Code Question

Discussion in 'UPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by DCA430, Aug 10, 2019.

1. DCA430

DCA430 New Member

Hello. First time post.

I'm installing an egress window for a basement bedroom remodel addition. My basement is a little over 7 ft below grade. I've dug a 5 ft x 5 ft x 5 ft hole. Just next to the window I have a downspout that collects secondary roof drainage to a cast iron storm drain pipe, which ultimately drains into the home's shared waste/sewer pipes.

I've been reading the UPC storm drainage code, but I still have a question. Can I tie into the cast iron storm drain pipe (with a trap) to have an egress well drain, rather than divert the water with a pipe to the footing drain pipe?

Thanks in advance!
    Mel

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    For the information of others, in old parts of Seattle, the roof drains may share with the sewer lines. Normally in new developments, those are kept separate.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Sylvan

Sylvan Still learning

plumbing- - fire suppression
    Older building code we use to use a combination sanitary and storm trap but the storm water had to be trapped and at least 40 pipe diameters upstream of the sanitary trap connection (4" pipe 13'+ upstream) possibly to prevent loss of trap seal during a major rain storm