Dryer is out

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, Murphy's law. The extended warranty I paid for expired in Dec, today, 5 minutes after throwing in a load of wet clothes the dryer made a clong noise louder enough to scare the cat. It shut off, and smelled like something was burning. I shut if off totally, unplugged it, and didn't like how hot the outside felt. I stupidly, opened the door not thinking, I could had had a real bad hair day, but thankfully, it was just scalding heat coming out and not flames.

What happened? A belt? ?

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Probably, and then the heat sensor took a bit to shut down.

Hang the clothes outside facing west, a good hot cloud of gas is incoming. But do not wear them for about 68,000 years after they dry.

Cookie

Reaction score
That's funny. They are hanging in my diningroom probably staining my wooden chairs. I just went out and had Sushi with my brother, I was hoping he would come inside to look at it, but he had to get to lay down for work later tonite. Tomorrow, I will pull it apart and see, if I can find anything. I don't know much about dryers other than I know I need one.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What's the brand & model # Cookie?
I'll look it up for you...
Dryers are easy....
Washers? Not So!

Cookie

Reaction score
Red, it is a GE, I have to go look for the model.
Okay, here go,
MOD DVLR223EE1WW
SER ZH807560A

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I am going to pull it apart tomorrow before work, thank you Red for all the work in finding it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you all, the dryer is now fixed. It was just a belt.

Last edited: