Drinking Water Safe Tape or Heat Shrink

Users who are viewing this thread

geoff.maurice

Reaction score
Hi All,
Had an interesting leak this past year at our Cottage.
It has a Well and an Easy Heat inline heat trace that's on all winter.
I noticed some corrosion on the male electrical prongs for the Heat Trace a while back but didn't think much of it.
As time went on, I noticed some water on the floor and soon realized it was getting push through the jacket of the electrical cable and out the prongs. Not much but enough.
Weird one but I thought that it must have a "nick" in it somewhere along the line.
Pulled it out last week as the weather is nice and sure enough there is a slit in it near the end.
I'm wondering if you know of some drinking water safe heat shrink or tape that I can use to fix this ?
I've purchased a "splice kit" for a well pump that includes some heat shrink but's not exactly the right size.
I'm hesitant to use electrical tape as I've read about the adhesive leaching into the wanter.
Anything else 'safe' I can use to fix this ? Needs to be a good seal as it's under constant pressure.
Thanks in Advance !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks