Double sink DWV check

Users who are viewing this thread

clix

Reaction score
I tore out a double sink vanity that was in my basement bathroom and will be moving the bathroom sink to an adjacent wall, making the bathroom a little bit smaller and adding a wetbar where the old double sink used to be. My current plan for drain and venting is in the attached, red is the drain for the bathroom sink, blue is the trap arm for the wetbar sink and the green is the shared drain and vent. This is my third "plan" with the prior iterations being much more complicated (almost embarrassingly so), so I'm looking for any reasons why this plan won't work.

To my eye, the thing that is most concerning is the number of turns the shared drain portion makes. Is that problematic? The pipe coming out of the floor will be encased in a box inside the cabinet, I'm wondering if I should add a cleanout in that area given the number of turns. I could also add a cleanout above the blue and red san-tees as I will have open access from the back side of the wall.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

text4745.png
path4159.png

clix

Reaction score
So, I have simplified a bit to avoid the extra turns for the wetbar sink, which I think makes a better layout. In the prior drawing, I was worried the trap arm for the bath sink would be too long, but with the revised plan, the trap should only be about 36" long, which is under the maximum length for my AHJ. The currently existing pipe in the picture is going to be cut below the stacked san-tees.

Is this layout acceptable/better than the previous? Any particular fittings I need to use or places I should include a cleanout?

path41591.png
text47451.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks