Do you guys use these fernco's

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Weather it be 1.5" 2" 3" 4". If so where do you use them. Where do you not use them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200818-181346_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-181346_Chrome.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 128

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They're only allowed where both ends of the pipe are well supported so that they don't shift, like buried and properly backfilled to keep them there.

fernco-coupling-sag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive used them typically underground Also I like them a littled better on crusty rough old pipe they are a little longer so I figure might be better in such situations. Ive used them under a house too going from old cast iron to plastic but might not be legal the important thing is that its alighned and supported . And of cource make sure they are aprooved

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm interested in this topic, because I hear so many saying they're only allowed underground, etc.

By WI code (we do our own thing, but it's not lax standards, imo), we can use flexible couplings anywhere so long as it's "installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions," and Fernco allows "in home" installations on vertical pipes in their documentation. They say the pipes need to be supported, but then we fall back to our own codes regarding that.

I haven't dug into other code to see if they say otherwise, but I'd be curious if there is a limitation specifically stated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks