DIY rental kitchen Reno move reposition sink

Users who are viewing this thread

lee Bremen

Reaction score
Hi

A bit of a novel..

I've just done a quick search through the forums to get info related to my current project but haven't found any specific posts that answer my questions, I was hoping someone could respond to my question or refer me to a post that already addresses it.

I'm moving into a rental and have to install a kitchen.

I'd like to position the sink and dishwasher in the opposite corner to where it currently sits, further to that I would then also like to install a clothes washing machine in the position where the current tap fittings bs drain pipes are.

I can get the running water across to the other corner by laying hoses along the edge of the room (and eventually enclosing the pipes with some kind of pretty looking enclosure, but am not sure if what I am hoping to do is practically possible for the waste water.

Is it possible, using non intrusive methods (ie not removing floorboards etc to access the waste / vent pipes at a lower point) to carry the waste water, horizontally, across the room and then force it up again to meet the waste water pipe (which is currently positioned about 60cm above floor level)??

I know that with a garden hose, the water will always come out of the end that is lower, can this principle also be applied in such a setting?

For the sink, I was considering installing it so that the water level is at about 90cm above floor level (I'm quite tall so a high benchtop is probably ok) , I thought then some kind of vent system could then be incorporated to let the air pressure exit at about that height thus enabling the water to flow first down, then back up to the 60cm high waste water pipe on the other side of the room. (Garden hose concept).

For the dishwasher I thought I could do a similar thing, but am not sure about the pump being able to push the stagnant water through the lower lying section of the pipe.

Then I would cover all the pipes up that are running along the edge of the room..

Any thoughts, is it doable?

Thanks in advance and happy Easter..

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You could add a pump that everything drains too, and then that gets pumped up and away. Normally you would want to find a larger pipe to drain that too, as the pump pushes a lot of water once it's running.

lee Bremen

Reaction score
You could add a pump that everything drains too, and then that gets pumped up and away. Normally you would want to find a larger pipe to drain that too, as the pump pushes a lot of water once it's running.
Thanks Terry

lee Bremen

Reaction score
Thanks Terry
Thanks for the reply.

I understand now after doing a bit more research that what I was planning to do is much more complicated for various reasons than I first imagined.

I think I will try and keep the Weg are where it is!

Great Site!

All the best
Lee

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks