DIY re-plumb

Users who are viewing this thread

Fred Hall

Reaction score
I am putting together a list of parts i need to re-plumb my house. It was re-plumed 6 or 7 years ago with all the pipes moved into the attic. this has been nothing but trouble with numerous leaks in the lines resulting in some ceiling drywall damage and water getting into light fixtures. I am 72 and will not put the lines back in the attic. I plan to run exposed lines on the wall. I am going to use Wisbro Propex 1/2 pipe for the entire job.
The incoming line into the house is 1 in PEX, type unknown, with a 1 inch ball valve cut off mounted on the wall. I plan to leave the ball valve with a reducer to 1/2 inch for the entire runs. this involves 2 sinks , laundry room, washer, tankless hot water heater, and kitchen sink.

What reducer fitting do i need going from 1 inch to 1/2 Propex

What fittings do i need to connect the sinks and hot water tank

Any help is appreciated

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The water heater needs 3/4" in and out.
I would pull the 3/4" for the water heater off the 1" line. Only two fixtures at the most should be on 1/2". That means either running 3/4 and branching off further down, or having manifolds to 1/2".

uponor-multi-port-3-outlet.jpg

If I"m plumbing for a bathroom, I figure 3/4" on the cold, which supplies the tub, the lav and the toilet. The hot gets 1/2" which supplies the tub and the lav.
The kitchen sink gets 1/2 and the washer does too. Those two could share a 1/2" line.
External hosebibs should get their own 1/2" line.

Last edited:

Fred Hall

Reaction score
The water heater needs 3/4" in and out.
I would pull the 3/4" for the water heater off the 1" line. Only two fixtures at the most should be on 1/2". That means either running 3/4 and branching off further down, or having manifolds to 1/2".

uponor-multi-port-3-outlet.jpg

If I"m plumbing for a bathroom, I figure 3/4" on the cold, which supplies the tub, the lav and the toilet. The hot gets 1/2" which supplies the tub and the lav.
The kitchen sink gets 1/2 and the washer does too. Those two could share a 1/2" line.
External hosebibs should get their own 1/2" line.

Thanks for the help
Thanks for the help !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks