Delta Shower Wall Set Adhesive & Sealant Recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Dachd

Reaction score
I'm going to installing this Delta shower wall set in a remodel project:

B67311-4834-WH-B1.jpg

https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/B67311-4834-WH.html#undefined

It's a direct-to-stud wall set. The instructions show to use "adhesive" to bond the back and side walls to the studs (in addition to screws). The directions do not say what kind or type of adhesive. The walls and base are made of "High-Gloss ProCrylic".

Does anyone have any specific type or brand recommendation for the adhesive?

Also, is 100% silicone good to use for the seams, both exposed and concealed, where the directions call for sealant?

Thanks!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've installed a few FRP (Fiberglas reinforced Panelling) panels against drywall. But I would imagine this would work in this case too. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I have installed one of these once 10+yrs ago.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Titebon...esive-with-Applicator-12-Pack-4052/303577991?

I would recommend looking up the clean up procedure for it too. Which jogged my memory.. got some adhesive on the front of the tub and Petroleum Jelly was the clean up stuff for it.. Got lucky the homeowner had some.

Silicone works great as a sealant, its waterproof and stretchy.

Dachd

Reaction score
Thanks, Tuttles Revenge, but I can't find that locally and I'm planning to install the shower walls this weekend.

Any other specific recommendations? Anyone?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe a call to Delta to find out what family of adhesives they recomend. What stores do you have locally.. maybe ask them what they have that would work.

Dachd

Reaction score
Just a follow up for anyone who may have the same question I did. I ended up using DAP Dynagrip Tub Surround. Almost no odor, no burn-through, and worked great. Shower walls have been up for well over a month now with no issues.

dap.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is cool to see. I know our GC on one recent project had a really hard time with a surround and I susspect it was due to using the wrong product.

Eshfor

Reaction score
Hybrid sealants are versatile and balanced solutions: they incorporate the best polyurethane, silicone, acrylic, and rubber sealants and adhesives. Their main advantages: they can be applied on a wet surface, have high strength, excellent adhesion, do not yellow, do not emit odour and, most importantly, are excellent against the formation of mould and mildew. But because of their good adhesion and high strength, hybrid sealants will be more difficult to remove should the need arise. Maybe some of this will help you https://sealwithease.com/concrete-sealer/.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks