Delta R2000ws Issues with Water Pressure and Hot Water

Users who are viewing this thread

MAHMAH

Reaction score
Hi recent remodel of master bath - using Delta R2000ws valves and ARA diverters. 1 valve and diverter has wall shower head or body sprays; second valve and diverter has rain shower or hand held. Problem: Hot water is not hot and when turning on to hot water half the pressure.
Before I rip the new tile off the wall and replace with a different valve need to know if the way it is configured in the wall is correct because instructions with R2000 valve are nil. Please note the top pipes connect as noted on the pipes - the valve on left - top pipe is the hand shower and the pipe on side is rain shower. Valve on right the top pipe is body sprays and side pipe is wall shower. I have used same wall shower fixture prior to this and it worked exceptionally well - water flow was great. This valve, this arrangement - NADA. I don't like low pressure cool showers. We have an on demand tank that does heat up rather quickly at the master bath sinks temp is 115 degrees. I can't get temp to 100 for either shower.

Tested lines before the valves and did get hot water and water pressure. Now with the Delta system barely get anything! Is this correctible?
MB Shower plumbing.jpg

Do I need to rip the wall apart and replace with a valve /diverter system that WORKS? IF so any recommendations?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
115 degrees isn't very hot. You should be getting 120 minimum from a sink outlet (I keep heater even hotter 135). The shower will mix in some cold water. Once you mix from 115 there's not much cold allowed to keep you warm. A tankless water heater will drop your incoming pressure quite a bit. That along with a pressure balanced valve will mean you have to jack up the hot cold mix to almost all hot to have a hot shower.

Have you measured the actual temp from the shower? If your in a large shower the temp can drop about 8 to 10 degrees just from the point where the water leaves the shower head to the floor. Grab a cup and run the shower head onto the cup and measure the temp.

Why not use one valve and a six function diverter? You'd have to drop one feature, but most people who have all of these features NEVER use them after the first 6 months of having them.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Piping looks normal. Hot on left, cold on right. So that isn't the issue.
Sounds like anti-scald piece is preventing max hot water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks