Delta R10000 valve, handheld shower is the only connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Rbailey644

Reaction score
Hello. I will be only connecting a handheld shower to this valve. Can I use either the top or bottom valve outlet and cap off the one not used or must I use the top valve outlet? Reason for asking is I would rather have the 90* hose connector be below the valve on the finished install. Thanks, Robert.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Either one works. The bottom port is bigger and less restriction than the top one.

index.php

A Moen valve, but similar as to how it can be installed for the top and bottom ports.

index.php

index.php

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Yes, you can use either. I chose to use the tub filler port for the shower since it allows more flow and because I located the wall union below as you want it.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
of course the 7gpm is still necked down to 1.8 or 2.5gpm... so flow isn't much an issue for compliant installations.. But if the bottom is more convenient then go for it.

In a typical tub/shower installation, water is fed to the bottom port first, then if plugged or diverted by a tub spout, the water is then fed up past the annulus through the shower valve body and through the shower outlet port.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks