Delta Old Model 1524 Escutcheon..Help!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Edward Felien, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Edward Felien

Edward Felien New Member

We have a 29 year old Delta single handle shower control, and as you can see in the picture, the escutcheon plate is broken and not useable. Model seems to be 1524 - no tub spout or diverter. Delta says no longer being made, and no conversion kit will fit the 'rough-in' behind the fiberglass stall. (4.5" hole access) Do I have to completely remove the rough-in and start over? No escutcheon plate has the 2.2" center hole and the 5 and 7 o'clock mounting holes. At least none that I can find. Thanks!

IMG_0119.jpeg

2. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    Have one of these in your area
    Habitat For Humanity ReStore

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Smooky

Smooky In the Trades

5. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

That generation 1500 used both escutcheons. Your escutcheon #RP16209 and escutcheon RP20101.Delta catalog shows the RP29405 conversion works with both escutcheons

6. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

7. Edward Felien

Edward Felien New Member

The store in Superior closed last fall. I think I'm toast, and I'll need to get a new system, valve and all. What're your thoughts on Moen? I can't recommend Delta.