Delta 38 neo shower base with unlevel floor using levelquick rs stil not quite level

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Ive poured levelquick rs over the unlevel floor in a 1909 house with tongue and groove floor with half inch plywood over that, and now its much better, but still rocks a bit corner to front. It had a 9/16 gap at the front before the level quick. Do I just top it off with regular mortar or pour another layer of levelquick rs over the top of that?

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
the theory is to support the pan with a type of morter having space for the excess to squish but not excessive that it has no where to go no reasont to put self leveling under the pan in my opinion put piles or rows of the morter or place a few shims remove pan with out disturbing shims and put mortar down reset pan and your done

Reaction score
It was suggested that i put down plastic over the mortar so I could remove the base if I needed to later. Not sure thats correct or a good idea because the lowes guy said he was a contrator as well. Same guy sold me concrete with small rocks in it size of slightly larger than peas.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Same guy sold me concrete with small rocks in it size of slightly larger than peas.
I agree with Jeff, No aggregate under the pan at this point. You're more likely to get a pea that holds it up, causes it to rock or creates a pressure point.

I pre-set my pan dry first, determine where perfect level is, then scribe a line across the studs. Then when Im pressing it into the mortar/mud I go until I see that scribed line.

Reaction score
Ok screwed around with the mortar and plastic and used way too much. half of a 60lb bag. Raised pan 3/4 of an inch or more at front so I removed some mortar..tried again still high, so removed more and got it pretty level, then walked away. It held the same levelness at 430 am so leaving it. Right side is a hair off perfect level but I dont think thats enough to matter as bubble is still inbetween level lines

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
A fraction off level in a 34" space is less bad than if it were a 60" shower or tub.

Some times less is more.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks