Deep Well Pump Bearings Replacement

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by Steven Lingle, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Steven Lingle

Steven Lingle New Member

I have a Sta-Rite vertical deep well pump that sounds like the bearings may be going bad. Is this something I can do myself? I have worked on and replaced bearings on similar motors in the past but not on a working well pump. I do as much DIY stuff as I can to save money and I don't readily have hundreds of dollars to have a company come out and do this.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    It is just like any small motor. If you have replaced bearings and seals in a motor before, you are one up on most people. :)

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Steven Lingle

Steven Lingle New Member

Can the motor be removed from the well simply by removing the two bolts underneath the flange? Will it lift right off? Is there anything I need to be aware of when removing it? As I mentioned earlier, I have worked on similar motors, just not one on a well. Thanks for any input.

5. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    The two bolts are just for the casing adapter. The first section with 4 bolts is usually where the motor and impeller come off.