Darn ceramic cartridge leaking again

Users who are viewing this thread

Titan7

Reaction score
I have a KWC Eve Faucet in the kitchen, installed 3 years ago. After year 1 we noticed a drip of water on the counter top under where the cartridge and handle are located. KWC sent a new cartridge, I replaced it used the plumbers grease on the I ring and reinstalled. Well 2 years later same issue, they sent me a new cartridge again, but said my hard water may be killing the cartridges? There is blueish green and white corrosion inside the body that I cleaned out. Can't believe the water is eating the cartridges. I should point out we don't use the kitchen faucet much, perhaps only 2x per week.

So is hard water the issue? On a side note the plumber who installed the faucet removed the flow limited, KWC said that if there is too much pressure this may also cause it to leak? Any suggestions?

I was thinking we may need to get a water softener.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score

Titan7

Reaction score
The flow limiter would normally REDUCE the dynamic pressure, not increase it, but in any case would not CAUSE a leak.

Thanks, so I guess hard water is destroying the cartridge, strange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks