Grohe cartridge leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Utopiia1954

Reaction score
I have tried replacing a Grohe 46 374 into my kitchen faucet. I always end up with the cartridge leaking through the center when turning the faucet off. It will lessen with tightening but does not resolve. The cartridge seats nicely in place and I used some plumber’s silicone. I have tried two new cartridges. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 41

TJRAD

Reaction score
Putting in a new cartridge should be pretty straight forward. Here are the logical steps for trouble shooting:
The flat surface in the faucet body where the cartridge sits; -should be smooth and free of any calcium deposits or left over washer fragments from the old cartridge.
-greasing the washer and the surface it sits on is a good step.
-finally putting a socket on the 32mm nut and give it a good snug.
My guess is its just not tight enough.
good luck to you and let us know if you were able to fix it.

Utopiia1954

Reaction score
Putting in a new cartridge should be pretty straight forward. Here are the logical steps for trouble shooting:
The flat surface in the faucet body where the cartridge sits; -should be smooth and free of any calcium deposits or left over washer fragments from the old cartridge.
-greasing the washer and the surface it sits on is a good step.
-finally putting a socket on the 32mm nut and give it a good snug.
My guess is its just not tight enough.
good luck to you and let us know if you were able to fix it.
Thank you for the advice. I had to get a new nut because the old one was loosing its edges from trying to get it off. For some reason Grohe sent me a 30 mm nut that still threads fine. I have had virtually no luck in finding a 6 point 30 or 32 mm socket that fits in the opening. I tried a 12 point socket, but it slips. I have been using an Emglish Shower Valve Socket Wrench as I can’t find a metric set. I will try being more forceful on tightening the nut. Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks